Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Unique Artificial tree for Christmas

I gotta hand it to those clever sales folks who are promoting the living daylights out of the kind of Christmas trees that most of us would never dream of owning. I mean those crazy looking things they like to call unique artificial Christmas trees!

You know the ones I mean, like those upside down trees, or crazy shapes like crosses, or spirals or even topiary designs. All supposed to be something different to scare your neighbors away. or something like that.

Well, here's what I think about them. I think that a Christmas tree should look like a darn Christmas tree and if your gonna go buy a plastic one, then it ought to look at least partway like the real fir tree its supposed to replace! What in the blue blazes does anyone want with a tree that stands on its head anyway? crazy!

Not only do you get odd shapes of what can only loosely be described as a tree, but they come in weird colors as well. Black! What kind of warped mind has a black Christmas tree in the home? Red and white I can sorta understand, but black? Or purple?

I never tire of find the ridiculous in what I see around me and even at this time of year when its supposed to be goodwill to all men, your truly still has his jibe at something that irritates him.

But for all that, have a good Christmas even though its still a month to go, cause that will go fast and the stores want your money. Now!

Edwyn Prose

No comments: